Saturday, July 31, 2010

HBO Documentary: Every F___ing Day Of My Life

On my Facebook page, we’ve had some stimulating conversation as a result of my following posting. 

“I just watched HBO documentary, "Every F__ing Day of My Life, a harrowing look at the final days of freedom for a young mother who killed her abusive husband w/help from her son. National Domestic Violence Hotline 800-799-SAFE”

Come and join in.  Your Point Of View is valued.  You never know who you’ll be helped, inspired or encouraged by your words.  It may even be you J!  Here’s the convo so far:

o   Michelle Williams Turnipseed sorry i missed it

o  

Yesterday at 3:59am ·

o   Stanice Anderson It's available 24/7 OnDemand HBO documentaries

Yesterday at 9:32am ·

o    Michelle Williams Turnipseed thanks Stanice

Yesterday at 10:00am ·

o   John Austin If I may weigh in-You know thou shall not kill. She wanted to justify killing her husband because he was abusive. Truth be told they took an oath before God and vowed for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, for better or worse till death do us part. It was just as terrible when Cain slew Abel. When you slay anyone you are in affect slaying God because man was made in the image of God.

Yesterday at 11:37am · Fredricka Tammy Carter

Hey yall!ok, I will be sure to check the docu. @ John I hear ya, but it also says He who findeth a wife...obviously he didn't think much of any scripture. Let's not bring the word in this-we all know. If you're getting your butt whooped eve...ryday by your husb,someone that's suppose to protect you & love you in the best wayyou tell me what's a girl to do-she prob didn't see no way out. (C'mon Your mom, your sister, your auntie) so many folks turn their back and have a deaf ear to Domestic Violence. Thank God there is help to assist the ones that's tired of suffering under the control of a hand.1-800-799-SAFE--- MEN are also victims of DV also- you know...See More

Yesterday at 12:30pm

 · John Austin Yes but the root of the problem is had she done her homework and investigated him before getting involved she would had saved herself some whoopings. Which takes us back to square one the wages of sin is death. If you are going to insist on being hardheaded then you must pay. There is no getting around it.

o  

Yesterday at 12:51pm

· Stanice Anderson Well this has certainly been stimulating convo and for more go to @john austin's page. Being a woman who haas survived one abusive relationships too many - I will say this, women + men if u find yourself being emotionally, physically, verbally, spiritually or any other type of abuse - GET OUT. You don't deserve to be treated with anything other than TLC. Ask for help, Save yourself and definitely save your children BEFORE it gets to deadly stages. That's what I took away from the documentary.

Yesterday at 1:41pm

 · John Austin And I still say that the wise thing to do is to LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP.

21 hours ago

    Geneva Jean Moon John, I appreciate your concern that women look before they leap, but some women have dated men for years and never saw any abuse until after marriage. If you friends, family and church approve, and you do not know the signs or do not see the signs, how is the woman to blame?

16 hours ago ·

  Geneva Jean Moon and John, I am not advocating killing anyone either. I'm merely responding to the topic of blaming the woman for making the wrong choice. Since ministers are some of the worst abusers (statics prove this at battered women shelters), then for certain, it is not always seen before marriage.

16 hours ago ·

 Stanice Anderson   Yes, Geneva, I'm with you on every point. I went to my pastor with the perpetrator (my 2nd husband) and when I told him what was happening, all he did was tap his hearing aid and said "you two have to work it out."  To this day, I think hi...s batteries were dead. He couldn't have heard what I said. But then too, sometimes you see the signs--you look but you think you're not seeing right. Or you want to be loved so badly and this is some kind of faulty love but it's love none the less. Or you've been so bruised even before you get to adult hood by those that claim to love you; you think this IS what love looks like. At least all the love that you deserve. And so the convo continues on my page. Lord, have your way, YOU are the POTTER; I am but clay.

Posted via email from Stanice Anderson's WOW Zone

No comments: